Faculty of Oral & Dental Medicine
ITP Courses and Activities
In order to give MIU interns a head start to their coming future, we continuously offer courses and hands-on workshops on the most recent trends and techniques in the field of dentistry. The following are some of the opportunities opened up to MIU interns:
- Internship Implantology Course: This course includes theoretical lectures, workshops and live demonstrations of surgical implant placement cases.
- Using Microscope in Endodontic Treatment Course: Interns are allowed the opportunity to observe demonstrations, and participate in workshops using the microscope for endodontic treatment, rotary endodontic systems and other advanced techniques in Endodontics.
- Laser in Dentistry Course: This course familiarizes interns with the uses of Laser in the treatment of various dental cases. It also encourages interns to conduct relevant basic and applied researches.
- Medical Emergency & Basic Life Support: This course provides science-based treatment guidelines to healthcare professions to help provide quality care to their patients, educates lawmakers, policy makers and the public as they advocate for changes to protect and improve the health of our communities.
- Oral Surgery Course: In this course interns attend lectures explaining management of medically compromised patients and general anesthesia in maxillo – facial surgery. This course also educates interns on the importance and way of writing medical prescriptions.
- Operative Lectures: A total of four lectures are given by our operative staff members covering evidence-based dentistry, basics of dental adhesion, pre-management of deep carious lesions and anterior composite restorations.
American Dental Association Recognition
Misr International University is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
MIU designates all activities provided by the scientific committee of the Internship Training Program by continuing education credits.
Annual Scientific Day
Every year the Internship Administration Office performs an annual Scientific Day where interns present their best cases to all staff members supervising their internship training year.
The Internship Administration Office allows interns the opportunity to join the dental society by attending top notch dental conferences and international congresses in Egypt, the Middle East, and Europe.
Interns are encouraged to participate in charity work and convoys within the framework of MIU community service activities. They visit schools, orphanages, and unprivileged neighborhood to raise awareness of oral health care.