Continuing Education Program Courses
Modern Endodontics and pain control
Theoretical lecture and practical session.
Knowledge and practical skills.
This 2-day course gives an overview of the technical advances in endodontics and allows every candidate to master the painless endodontic treatment with a high degree of success.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
(How To create ideal access form and eliminate cervically positioned curvature ).
- Master the Negotiation And Apical Gauging Techniques With Standard K- Files.
- Evaluate the Safe And Efficient Use Of Rotary NiTi Files: Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Master the usage Of The Microscope And Its Importance, As Well As Advantages And Disadvantages.
- Master the techniques For Difficult Canals With Impediments, Using Pre-Bent K-Files And GT Hand Files.
- Define the Importance Of Lubricants, Irritants And Chelating Agents For Negotiation, Cleaning Efficacy And Smear Layer Removal.
- Master the centered- Compaction Obturation Techniques Including Proper Selection Of Gutta Percha and Paper Points.
- Apply the Down packing And Backfill With The System- B/ Elements Heat Source Using Condensation Techniques.
- Apply the Carrier – Based Obturation.
- Day 1:
- Conventional Root Canal Treatment:
Root canal system and associated structures.
- The microscope:
Understanding its parts, how to use it as well as its value.
- Canal Preparation and importance of glide path.
- Rotary instrumentation and how to reduce the inherent risks.
- Chemical debridement and its simple secrets for long- term success.
- Practical Session on Coronal Access of Molars Utilising Ultrasonic instruments by the aid of the bench microscope.
- Practical Session On Cleaning And Shaping Utilizing Rotary Niti System.
- Day 2:
- Obturation of root canal systems.
- Simplification of both vertical and lateral condensation techniques.
- Pain physiology and modulation of pain sensation.
- Preoperative, operative and postoperative pain control strategies.
- Endodontic Emergencies and their management.
- Antibiotic and pain medications in endodontics.
- Practical Session on obturation Utilizing thermo plasticized technique.
– Note –
Every participant should bring two extracted sound molars.
- Dr. Ahmed Ghobashy.
- TA. Ahmed Elfar.
- Practical session:
Endo-microscope unit (Bench microscope lab).
Please find below other dates for the same course with different codes
|Serial No.||Course Code||Date|
|1||END 016||12/05/2014 to 13/05/2014|
|2||END 017||09/07/2014 to 10/07/2014|