Continuing Education Program Courses
Mastering Contemporary Endodontics
Clinical simulation, patient treatment, hands on, lab exercise and practical seminars.
Knowledge, Practical Skills and Self Instruction Learning.
One Month (once per week X 4 times).
Sponsored by MIU.
- From 5/3/2014 to 26/3/2014.
This course will provide the dentists with hands-on experience about simple, efficient, and predictably successful recent endodontic techniques that can be immediately implemented in dental practice. Participation is designed to improve your clinical results, professional satisfaction, and endodontic profitability.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
(How To Create Ideal Access Form).
- Master the negotiation and apical gauging techniques with standard K- Files.
- Master apex locator usage and importance.
- Evaluate the safe and efficient use of rotary NiTi Files: advantages and disadvantages.
- Master the usage of the microscope and acknowledge its importance as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
- Master the techniques for difficult canals with impediments, using pre-bent K-Files and GT hand files.
- Define the importance of lubricants, irritants and chelating agents for negotiation, cleaning efficacy and smear layer removal.
- Master the centered- compaction obturation techniques including proper selection of Gutta Percha and paper points.
- Apply the down packing and backfill with the system- B/ elements heat source using condensation techniques.
- Day 1
- Conventional Root Canal Treatment:
Simple to complex breaking it down.
Root canal system and associated structures.
- The microscope:
Understanding its parts, how to use it as well as its value.
- Live demonstration on conventional single visit molar endodontic.
- Practical session on coronal access of molars utilising ultrasonic.
- Day 2
- Canal preparation and importance of glide path.
- Rotary instrumentation and how to reduce the inherent risks.
- Chemical debridement and its simple secrets for long- term success.
- The role of calcium hydroxide and other medicaments.
- Practical session on cleaning and shaping using rotary Niti system on extracted molars.
- Day 3
- The endodontic seal and risk of coronal leakage.
- Conventional root canal treatment: cleaning and shaping + obturation.
- Practical session on obturation utilizing thermo plasticized technique on extracted molars.
- Day 4
- Practical session practicing different rotary and obturation techniques.
- Prof.Dr. Ihab Hassanin.
- Dr.Ahmed Ghobashey.
Location Information (onsite)
- Seminar room clinic A.
- Clinic A.
- Endo-microscope unit.
Please find below other dates for the same course with different codes
|Serial No.||Course Code||Date|
|1||END 007||02/04/2014 to 23/04/2014|
|2||END 008||07/05/2014 to 28/05/2014|
|3||END 009||04/06/2014 to 25/06/2014|
|4||END 010||02/07/2014 to 23/07/2014|
|5||END 011||06/08/2014 to 27/08/2014|
|6||END 012||03/09/2014 to 24/09/2014|
|7||END 013||01/10/2014 to 22/10/2014|
|8||END 014||05/11/2014 to 26/11/2014|
|9||END 015||03/12/2014 to 24/12/2014|