General Requirements (for all Certificates)
- Birth certificate or certified original. For non-Egyptians, the birth certificate must be stamped by their Embassy then by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in case it wasn’t stamped from their country.
- Copy of National ID
- 6 passport-size photos
- Military Service Form “Namozag 2-3 Gond” (Egyptian males only)
- Copy of passport and an “Approval Letter” for joining the University issued by the Embassy they are related to (for foreigners only)
Egyptian and Arab Thanaweya Amma Required Documents
- The Official Secondary School Certificate .
- Arab certificates should be stamped from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of that country and the Egyptian Embassy.
- Proof of 12 years of schooling which can be either:
- 3rd Preparatory (Idadia) + enrollment letter from the school with the following 3 years stamped from the school and the Educational Zone.
- 6th Primary (Ibtedaaya) + enrollment letter from the school with the following 6 years stamped from school and the Educational Zone.
- Enrollment letter of 12 years of schooling stamped from school and the Educational Zone in case of spending 12 years in the international system.
- In case holding an academic year(s) from national system in Egypt; official certificate from the Educational Zone should be submitted not enrollment letter.
- Proof of schooling from Arab countries must be stamped by the school, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of this country and the Egyptian Embassy in the foreign country.
- Foreign certificate holders from Egypt must submit proof stamped from the General Department of Examinations of passing Th. Amma exams for (Arabic, Religion and National subjects).
IGCSE Required Documents
- IGCSE slips, stamped by the British Council, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the General Department of Examinations.
- IGCSE holders from outside Egypt with a C grade in their O Levels must get a letter from the British Council stating that these courses are extended not core.
- IGCSE holders from outside Egypt must have their slips stamped by the British Council, the Egyptian Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the country related.
American Diploma Required Documents
- An official transcript with grades 10, 11, and 12, stamped from the NCA-CASI or NAAS, the school and the General Department of Examinations in Egypt.
- If Grades 10, 11 and 12 are from different schools, separate transcripts are required for each grade.
- The Diploma must be stamped by the NCA-CASI or NAAS, the school and the General Department of Examinations in Egypt.
- A copy of the school’s accreditation from the Private Education department at the Ministry of Education.
- Official SAT-1 stamped from the AMIDEAST.
- SAT-II is considered a bonus for the student when calculating his/her final percentage grade; official SAT-II stamped from the AMIDEAST is required if it will be included in the calculation.
- Minimum scores for SAT-1 and SAT-II will be published as soon as received from Ministry of Higher Education.
- HSD holders from schools located outside Egypt must get the school’s “Accreditation Letter” from AMIDEAST.
- HSD holders from the USA must have their certificates and proof of 12 years of schooling stamped from the cultural attaché of Egypt in Washington and the school.
- HSD holders from Arab countries must have their certificates stamped from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of that country and the Egyptian Embassy.
Canadian Certificate/French Baccalaureate/German Secondary Certificate (Abitur)
- Holders are to submit the results which will be evaluated according to the rules set by the Supreme Council of the Egyptian Universities.
- Transfer students must submit the “General Requirements” mentioned above, the papers related to their High School certificate in addition to an (Enrollment Letter “in Arabic”), a transcript and a course description stamped from the previous university.
- Transfer students from outside Egypt must stamp their documents from the Egyptian Embassy.
- The above mentioned rules and regulations are subject to change in accordance with the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Thanaweya Amma and Arab certificate holders must submit the above mentioned: “General Requirements” and “Egyptian and Arab Thanaweya Amma Required Documents”.
- Foreign certificate holders must submit the above mentioned: “General Requirements”, “Foreign Certificates” and the required documents for their certificate.
- Acceptance will be according to grades attained in previous university and places available at MIU.
- Transfer students who are willing to be enrolled in a major different from their previous one, will be registered as freshman students regardless of the number of credit hours transferred to them.